Scholarships support students with an active rail interest
WASHINGTON – Amtrak will award 11 scholarships through the Amtrak Scholarship Program to help full-time undergraduate and graduate students who are passionate about rail. Students must submit applications by Jan. 31 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
The scholarship program aims to encourage innovative ideas and fuel the future of rail. Providing academic scholarships to undergraduate and graduate college students, scholarships include:
- Women in STEM: Students identifying as women pursuing an undergraduate or master’s degree majoring in science, technology, engineering or math
- Engineering: Students with an interest in rail engineering
- IT: Students in information technology, computer science or a similar field
- Non-Technical: Students in business, finance, marketing, supply chain or a similar field
- Philip Randolph: For children, spouses, civil union partners or domestic partners of Amtrak employees, retirees or furloughed employees
Three Amtrak scholarships also align with and are co-sponsored by Amtrak Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) which provide a way to connect, contribute and foster belonging by raising awareness. For high school seniors who have been profoundly influenced by their experiences with the Hispanic/Latinx, Black/African American, or Asian American/Pacific Islander communities, Amtrak offers 3 scholarships as their commitment to fostering a brighter future and offering financial assistance to those students who have shown exceptional courage, community engagement, and leadership arising from their unique cultural narratives.
Candidates are encouraged to submit more than one application. Scholarships will help full time students with tuition, fees, books, and/or equipment. Students from urban, suburban and rural communities are equally encouraged to apply and submit a scholarship application.
Amtrak also has programs for paid internships and co-ops for both undergraduate and graduate students as well as Apprenticeship Programs for those looking for entry-level learning opportunities.
To learn more about the scholarship program and apply, please visit careers.amtrak.com/content/academic-scholarship-program. Students can also learn more about the scholarship program here.