Amtrak customers can travel anywhere in the Northeast for as low as $19
WASHINGTON – Amtrak travelers who are looking to travel more and spend less this year can take advantage of Amtrak’s latest promotion, which offers $49 for Acela Business class tickets and $19 Coach tickets on Northeast Regional trains and other trains traveling along the Northeast Corridor for travel between any two cities from Boston and Washington, D.C. This sale is valid between Wednesday, January 26 and Saturday, January 29, for travel between Tuesday, February 1 and Thursday, May 26, 2022 via Amtrak.com/Northeast-Getaway-Sale. Fares will auto price, no discount code needed.
“The ‘Northeast Getaway Sale’ presents the opportunity to make it easier and more affordable to see some of the most popular cities in the world,” said Amtrak Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing and Revenue Officer Roger Harris. “Whether it’s to see friends and family, experience a sporting event, or explore a new city or old favorite, Amtrak can help our customers with a safe and relaxing way to travel.”
While traveling, customers can have a renewed sense of confidence with the following safety efforts Amtrak has implemented with the guidance of a medical director and partnership with George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health:
- Face coverings: Please be advised Federal law requires all customers and employees to wear a mask at all times while onboard trains and in stations, regardless of vaccination status or state or local laws. Refusing to wear a mask is a violation of federal law; passengers may be subject to penalties under federal law, denied boarding, removed from the train and banned from future travel in the event of noncompliance.
- Real-time seat availability: Amtrak is no longer limiting capacity. When searching for travel, the percentage of seats sold displays next to each trip option and adjusts as more reservations are made, which gives customers the opportunity to book a train that is less crowded. If capacity exceeds comfort levels, customers can change their ticket without incurring a fee (a fare difference may apply). Customers traveling on the Acela will also have the ability to select their seat via Reserved Seating.
- Air Quality: Customers can travel with extra confidence knowing all our trains are equipped with onboard filtration systems with a fresh air exchange rate every 4-5 minutes.
- Fee waivers: Amtrak is waiving all change fees for reservations made by April 30, 2022.
- Amtrak app: The Amtrak app makes contact-free travel easy. Customers can book, board, check train status and access information from the convenience and safety of a mobile device. Amtrak encourages boarding with eTickets, which conductors scan from the app.
This offer is not combinable with any other discount offer and upgrades are not permitted. The sale is only available on Northeast Regional, Acela, and trains traveling the Northeast Regional route. Not available for Sunday travel. Fares are subject to availability and may not be available on all trains at all times. Fares are one way (adult), and no additional discounts apply or upgrades allowed. Fares, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice. Once travel has begun no changes to the itinerary are permitted. Change fees are waived for reservations made by April 30, 2022. Other restrictions may apply.