Coach fares as low as $29, private rooms starting at $129
plus the cost of your vehicle
WASHINGTON – Amtrak is launching a fare sale for customers seeking to travel in a safe and relaxing way onboard the Amtrak Auto Train. Tickets are available for purchase between Aug. 17 – 24, 2021 for travel in Coach for as low as $29 or in a private room for as low as $129 each way, plus the cost of your vehicle.
Customers traveling in Coach will enjoy wide, reclining seats with ample legroom, no middle seat and a big picture window to enjoy the view. Prior to arrival, a complimentary continental breakfast is served.
A Roomette features comfortable seating, newly-upgraded bedding, pillows, towels and linens, and a dedicated attendant. An upgrade to a Bedroom offers a trip with twice the space as a Roomette as well as other added amenities. Customers in private rooms can enjoy a complimentary dinner and continental breakfast onboard.
These limited-time one-way fares are as low as:
|Limited Time Fares*||One traveler||Two travelers^|
|*Plus the cost of your vehicle
^Double occupancy required for Roomettes and Bedrooms.
The offer is valid for sale Aug. 17 – Aug. 24, 2021. Valid for travel Northbound (Sanford, Fla. to Lorton, Va.) Sept. 7 – Dec. 15, 2021. Valid for travel Southbound (Lorton, Va. to Sanford, Fla.) Nov. 5 – Dec. 15, 2021. Blackout dates are Nov. 25 – Dec. 2, 2021. This offer is available on Amtrak.com and the Amtrak app. Other terms and conditions apply. To learn more, visit Amtrak.com/AutoTrainSale.
The Amtrak Auto Train offers daily, non-stop service between Lorton, Va. (near Washington, D.C.), and Sanford, Fla. (near Orlando). Customers can skip I-95 and travel with their vehicles, including cars, vans, SUVs, motorcycles and even small boats or jet-skis. This is the only such service in the U.S. and eliminates nearly 900 miles of driving between the Northeast and Florida.
While traveling, customers can have a renewed sense of confidence with the following safety efforts Amtrak has implemented with the guidance of a medical director and partnership with George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health:
- Face coverings: Please be advised Federal law requires all customers and employees to wear a mask at all times while onboard trains and in stations, regardless of vaccination status or state or local laws. Refusing to wear a mask is a violation of federal law; passengers may be subject to penalties under federal law, denied boarding, removed from the train and banned from future travel in the event of noncompliance.
- Air Quality: Customers can travel with extra confidence knowing all our trains are equipped with onboard filtration systems with a fresh air exchange rate every 4-5 minutes.
- Real-time seat availability: Amtrak is no longer limiting capacity. When searching for travel, the percentage of seats sold displays next to each trip option and adjusts as more reservations are made, which gives customers the opportunity to book a train that is less crowded. If capacity exceeds comfort levels, customers can change their ticket without incurring a fee (a fare difference may apply).
- Fee waivers: Amtrak is waiving all change fees for reservations made by Sept. 6, 2021.
- Amtrak app: The Amtrak app makes contact-free travel easy. Customers can book, board, check train status and access information from the convenience and safety of a mobile device. Amtrak encourages boarding with eTickets, which conductors scan from the app.
For More Information
- Amtrak Contact
- 202 906.3860
For 50 years, Amtrak has connected America and transformed transportation by modernizing train travel, and building for the future. Amtrak will continue to play an important role in the national transportation network for the next 50 years and beyond by operating a safe, environmentally efficient and fiscally responsible business by providing travelers with an experience that sets a new standard. Book travel, check train status, access your eTicket and more through the Amtrak app. Learn more at Amtrak.com and connect with us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.