Reimagined menu on sustainable serviceware for Acela First Class customers; Increased Acela Frequencies Offer More Travel Options on the Northeast Corridor
WASHINGTON – Customers riding in First-class onboard Amtrak Acela trains traveling on the Northeast Corridor can now enjoy a refreshed food and beverage menu along with a top-quality dining experience, featuring a return to traditional and sustainable serviceware.
“Amtrak continues to make customer-focused improvements, including reimagining our onboard Acela dining options in First-class with creative new options that travelers will enjoy,” said Amtrak Executive Vice President of Marketing & Revenue, Roger Harris. “As intercity travel increases and we offer additional Acela frequencies to better serve our customers, we want to ensure we are offering a safe, superior travel experience from departure to destination.”
First-class customers can now select from rotating menus consisting of freshly made chef-inspired items such as omelets, huevos rancheros, eggs benedict or fresh seasonal fruit for breakfast, and entrees such as chicken tandoori, lobster crab cakes, vegetable puff pastry, artisan cheese and fruit or freshly made salads for lunch and dinner. The new menu also includes a refresh of wine and beer offerings, featuring high-quality and renowned brands. Kosher and vegan meals will continue to be available by notifying Amtrak at least 24-hours in advance.
Acela First-class customers enjoy amenities including faster trip times with fewer stops, personalized attendant service with complimentary food and beverages, the ability to select a wide, reclining seat in a two-by-one or table configuration, complimentary Wi-Fi and access to Metropolitan lounges in Boston, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C., including the flagship lounge at Moynihan Train Hall in New York City. Recently, Amtrak has also added additional departures to provide more convenient Acela options for customers traveling throughout the Northeast.
While traveling, customers can feel confident with the following safety measures Amtrak has implemented under the guidance of a medical director and partnership with George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health:
- Face coverings: Please be advised Federal law requires all customers and employees to wear a mask at all times while onboard trains and in stations, regardless of vaccination status or state or local laws. Refusing to wear a mask is a violation of federal law; passengers may be subject to penalties under federal law, denied boarding, removed from the train and banned from future travel in the event of noncompliance.
- Air Quality: Customers can travel with extra confidence knowing all our trains are equipped with onboard filtration systems with a fresh air exchange rate every four to five minutes.
- Real-time seat availability: Amtrak is no longer limiting capacity. When searching for travel, the percentage of seats sold displays next to each trip option and adjusts as more reservations are made, which gives customers the opportunity to book a train that is less crowded. If capacity exceeds comfort levels, customers can change their ticket without incurring a fee (a fare difference may apply).
- Fee waivers: Amtrak is waiving all change fees for reservations made by Sept. 6, 2021.
- Amtrak app: The Amtrak app makes contact-free travel easy. Customers can book, board, check train status and access information from the convenience and safety of a mobile device. Amtrak encourages boarding with eTickets, which conductors scan from the app.
To further elevate the travel experience and to enjoy these new dining amenities, the Amtrak Bidup program allows already ticketed Acela customers to bid on an upgrade to First-Class, space and availability permitting.
To view a photo gallery of select meal options, click here.
For More Information
Beth K. Toll
- Amtrak Contact
- 202 906.3860
For 50 years, Amtrak has connected America and transformed transportation by modernizing train travel, and building for the future. Amtrak will continue to play an important role in the national transportation network for the next 50 years and beyond by operating a safe, environmentally efficient and fiscally responsible business by providing travelers with an experience that sets a new standard. Book travel, check train status, access your eTicket and more through the Amtrak app. Learn more at Amtrak.com and connect with us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.