Our Commitment to Safety
- Our goal is to become America’s safest passenger railroad. We believe that zero accidents and zero serious injuries are possible – and we will work together toward everyone performing at this level.
- All employees are empowered to stop an operation if an unsafe condition exists. This means everyone – at any time.
- We will operate at the highest level of safety – by exceeding regulatory standards. It is not good enough for us to simply meet minimum standards.
- We will proactively identify and mitigate risk based on data. We are identifying new metrics that will allow us to focus on leading indicators instead of relying only on historical incident data.
- We will become a learning organization where safety self-reporting is encouraged. We will not discipline employees for self-reporting a safety issue. We need to know where we are falling short in safety so we can study these incidents and learn from them.