Through Cyber Monday, Amtrak offers savings on future travel
WASHINGTON – For customers planning travel this winter and beyond, Amtrak has launched its fifth annual “Track Friday Sale” offering half off fares with prices as low as $15. Customers can save up to 50% beginning Friday, Nov. 27 through Monday, Nov. 30 for future travel between Dec. 8, 2020, and April 30, 2021, on select trains nationwide including the Acela, Northeast Regional, Empire Builder, Amtrak Cascades and many other popular routes throughout the country.
The sale is available on Amtrak.com and all fares will be automatically discounted. No discount code is needed; fares are as shown. Below are some of the special itineraries available during the “Track Friday Sale”:
|Travel Between||Fare||Travel Between||Fare|
|Washington, D.C. – Philadelphia||NER – $28 Acela -$57||New York – Boston||NER – $29 Acela – $49|
|New York – Philadelphia||NER – $28 Acela – $50||New York to Washington, D.C.||NER – $35 Acela – $79|
|New York – Providence, R.I.||NER – $25 Acela – $47||Chicago – Washington, D.C.||$53|
|Chicago – Denver||$63||Chicago – New York||$56|
|Los Angeles – Seattle||$63||Los Angeles – Chicago||$92|
|Richmond, Virginia – Washington, D.C.||$15||Orlando – Washington, D.C.||$70|
|Albany, New York – New York||$23||New York – Miami||$81|
|*Northeast Regional – NER|
Before traveling on Amtrak, customers should review state-specific travel advisories and restrictions that may be in place for various destinations. Once onboard, Amtrak customers can enjoy the freedom to use their phones and electronic devices (no “airplane mode”), large spacious seats with ample leg room, no middle seat and one of the most generous baggage policies in the travel industry.
Amtrak is leading the way by setting a new standard of travel with enhanced safety and cleaning measures. In an effort to simplify and safeguard the travel experience, several cleaning, contact-free and convenience measures have been implemented into every part of the customer journey, including:
- Face Coverings: Amtrak requires all customers and employees wear a face mask or covering that fully covers the entire mouth and nose, fits snugly against the side of the face, and secures under the chin at all times while onboard and in stations unless actively eating or drinking. Passengers must also maintain appropriate physical distancing while onboard and in stations. Learn more about face coverings here.
- Enhanced cleaning: Amtrak has enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols at stations and onboard our trains.
- Limiting bookings: We are limiting bookings on most trains to allow for more physical distancing in seating areas. Individuals traveling alone may use the seat next to them for personal belongings, while friends and family members will easily find seats together.
- Air Quality: All trains are equipped with onboard filtration systems with a fresh air exchange rate every 4-5 minutes.
- Physical distancing: Signage has been displayed at our busiest stations to indicate safe distances in high traffic areas. In addition, protective plastic barriers have been installed at customer counters at our busiest stations.
The following services are included in the sale for travel between Dec. 8 – April 30:
Acela, Northeast Regional, Amtrak Cascades, California Zephyr, Capitol Limited, Cardinal, Carolinian, City of New Orleans, Coast Starlight, Crescent, Downeaster, Empire Builder, Empire Service, Ethan Allen Express, Hiawatha, Illinois Service, Lake Shore Limited, Maple Leaf, Michigan Services, Missouri River Runner, Heartland Flyer, Palmetto, Piedmont, Silver Service, Southwest Chief, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle and Vermonter.
The sale does not include Auto Train, Capitol Corridor, Pennsylvanian and Keystone Service (locally between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh) Pacific Surfliner, San Joaquins and 7000-8999 Thruways, which include transportation provided by bus through a variety of operators in conjunction with Amtrak. Blackout dates include,Dec. 23-24, Dec. 26-28, Jan. 3-4, Jan.19-21, April 2 and April 5 for all service. This offer is valid for Coach and Acela Business Class seats only; no upgrades permitted. Sale prices are not available for travel on Friday’s and Sunday’s for Northeast Regional and Acela trains. Once purchased, tickets are non-refundable, however change fees will be waived during the ticket validity period. Other restrictions may apply.
Amtrak Gift Cards can also be used for booking these great fares online, in our app, by phone or in staffed stations.