Make memories onboard with your family
WASHINGTON – Families can travel this fall, without the hassle of driving or flying, by taking advantage of the Kids Ride Free flash sale. This sale allows one child, age 2-12, to travel free with each paid adult ticket and is available for purchase Tuesday, Oct. 20, to Sunday, Oct. 25. The sale is valid for travel in Coach and Acela Business Class from Oct. 26 to Dec. 17, 2020.
Take your child along for free and enjoy a memorable experience onboard Amtrak to take a much-needed vacation.
“Whether seeing family, taking a trip cross-country or going on a weekend excursion, we truly believe the journey is the most important part of the adventure,” said Roger Harris, Amtrak Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing and Revenue Officer. “With our latest sale, customers can make a trip extra special and a memorable opportunity to travel on Amtrak.”
The sale is valid for travel on the Acela, Northeast Regional, Adirondack, Amtrak Cascades, Carolinian, Downeaster, Empire Service, Ethan Allen Express, Hiawatha, Illinois Service, Maple Leaf, Michigan Services, Missouri River Runner, Heartland Flyer, Piedmont, San Joaquins and Vermonter.
This sale is also valid on trains that travel on the national network:Auto Train, California Zephyr, Capitol Limited, Cardinal, City of New Orleans, Coast Starlight, Crescent, Empire Builder, Lake Shore Limited, Palmetto, Silver Star, Silver Meteor, Southwest Chief, Sunset Limited and Texas Eagle.
Amtrak is leading the way by setting a new standard of travel with enhanced safety and cleaning measures. In an effort to simplify and safeguard the travel experience, several cleaning, contact-free and convenience measures have been implemented into every part of the customer journey, including:
- Face Coverings: For your well-being and ours, Amtrak requires that all customers and employees wear a face mask or covering that fully covers the entire mouth and nose while onboard and in stations.
- Enhanced cleaning: Amtrak has enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols at stations and onboard our trains.
- Limiting bookings: We are limiting bookings on most trains to allow for more physical distancing in seating areas. Individuals traveling alone may use the seat next to them for personal belongings, while friends and family members will easily find seats together.
- Air Quality: All trains are equipped with onboard filtration systems with a fresh air exchange rate every 4-5 minutes.
- Physical distancing: Signage has been displayed at our busiest stations to indicate safe distances in high traffic areas. In addition, protective plastic barriers have been installed at customer counters at our busiest stations.
The sale does not include the Pennsylvanian, Keystone, Capitol Corridor, Pacific Surfliner and 7000-8999 Thruways, which include transportation provided by bus through a variety of operators in conjunction with Amtrak. This offer is available on Amtrak.com and the Amtrak app. The offer is subject to availability and an advanced reservation of at least three days is required. Blackout dates are Nov. 24, 25, 28, 29, and 30. Other terms and conditions apply.
For More Information
- Amtrak Contact
- 202 906.3860
Amtrak is setting a new standard of travel. To simplify and safeguard the travel experience, new cleaning and convenience measures are part of every customer’s contactless journey – from booking to arrival. Leveraging a full-time medical director and public health and safety team, we are committed to operating a safe, environmentally efficient and fiscally responsible business. Book travel, check train status, access your eTicket and more through the Amtrak app. Learn more at Amtrak.com.