New safety initiatives will continue to be in effect for customers and employees
WASHINGTON – Delivering on a new standard of travel with enhanced safety and cleaning measures, Amtrak is offering new, lower fares with a 25 percent savings throughout the Northeast on Acela and Northeast Regional (NER)trains now available through June 30.
Prices for the following trips are as low as:
|City Pairs||Price||City Pairs||Price|
|New York City – Philadelphia||NER – $39 Acela – $69||New York – Providence||NER – $39 Acela – $69|
|Philadelphia – Washington, D.C.||NER – $39 Acela – $69||New York – Baltimore||NER – $39 Acela – $99|
|Boston – Philadelphia||NER – $39 Acela – $99||New York – Boston||NER – $39 Acela – $79|
|Boston – Washington, D.C.||NER – $69 Acela – $99||New York – Washington, D.C.||NER – $39 Acela – $99|
Amtrak continues to take extra steps to sanitize stations and trains. Additional measures include the following:
- Trip flexibility: Amtrak is waiving all change and cancellation fees for reservations made by August 31, 2020. This includes reservations booked with points.
- Facial coverings: For the safety of our customers and employees, Amtrak’s mask policy requires that all customers wear a facial covering. Facial coverings can be removed when customers are in their private rooms or seated alone. Small children who are not able to maintain a facial covering are exempt from this requirement. Customers can go to CDC.gov for detailed instructions on how to make their own facial covering. Service will be denied to customers not wearing facial coverings.
- Limiting bookings: Amtrak is limiting ticket sales on reserved services, with customers encouraged to use the seat next to them for personal belongings.
- Cleaning protocols: Amtrak is following industry recommendations for deep cleaning and sanitizing of its trains prior to service, while also deploying additional en-route cleaners on Acela and Northeast Regional trains to disinfect restrooms and frequently touched surfaces while the train is en-route.
- Cashless service: As an added measure to ensure the health and safety of our customers and employees, we are temporarily accepting only cashless payments in stations and on trains.
- Physical distancing: Signage has been displayed at several of our busiest stations to indicate safe distances in high customer traffic areas such as waiting rooms, in front ticket offices, at the base/top of escalators, lounge entrances, etc. In addition, clear protective barriers have been retrofitted at stations where there are no current glass barriers.
- Food and beverage service: Our food service has been adjusted for your safety and all food options will be prepackaged, including a modified pre-packaged offering in Acela First Class. In addition, café cars are now exclusively carryout only creating space for passengers to comfortably get a snack during their trip.
Blackout dates include November 24-25 and November 29-30, 2020. Advanced purchase is required at least three days prior to travel. Fares are one way (adult) and no additional discounts apply. Valid for Acela business class seats and Northeast Regional Coach class only. Seating is limited; seats may not be available on all days. Once purchased tickets are non-refundable. Exchanges are permitted within the ticket validity period; a 25 percent cancellation fee applies. Once travel has begun, no changes to the itinerary are permitted. Other restrictions may apply.
Amtrak continues to evaluate current practices and pilot new opportunities to support personal safety. Visit Amtrak.com for more information about how Amtrak is maintaining a safe environment.
For More Information
- Amtrak Contact
- 202 906.3860
Amtrak offers a more comfortable and convenient travel experience, plenty of leg room and no middle seat. With our state and commuter partners, we move people, the economy and the nation forward, carrying more than 30 million Amtrak customers for the past nine years. Amtrak operates more than 300 trains daily, connecting more than 500 destinations in 46 states, the District of Columbia and three Canadian Provinces, and reaches 400 additional destinations via connecting bus routes. We are committed to operating a safe, environmentally efficient and fiscally responsible business, which is essential to our future growth. Book travel, check train status, access your eTicket and more through the Amtrak app. Learn more at Amtrak.com.