Exclusive sleeping car experience begins on Oct. 1
WASHINGTON – Amtrak continues to evolve the travel experience on long-distance trains with the introduction of a new, flexible dining service for Sleeping Car customers traveling on the Cardinal, City of New Orleans, Crescent and Silver Meteor starting on Oct. 1 and the Silver Star in 2020.
“Traveling on one of our trains has never been just about the destination – the journey is part of the adventure,” Amtrak President and CEO Richard Anderson said. “We continue to evolve our onboard accommodations and dining experience to meet the needs of today’s customers.”
Sleeping Car customers aboard these routes will enjoy more choice in onboard dining and can expect the following enhancements to the complimentary meal service:
- A new dining menu with hot, ready-to-serve choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- A selection wine, beer and spirits (the first one is on us), plus unlimited soft drinks throughout the journey.
- Complimentary room service provided by the Sleeping Car attendant.
- Exclusive onboard lounge space for Sleeping Car customers to dine and socialize throughout the entire trip.
- Flexible dining times without the need for reservations.
The new flexible dining menu offers entrees such as:
- Lunch & Dinner: Asian Noodle Bowl, Red Wine Braised Beef, Chicken Fettuccini with Broccoli, Creole Shrimp and Andouille. Pasta and meatballs option available for children.
- Breakfast: Deluxe Continental Breakfast will be served buffet style from a selection of muffins, yogurt, fresh fruit, hard-boiled eggs, cereal, oatmeal, breakfast sandwich.
- Dessert: Blondies and Brownies.
More information and sample menus can be found at Amtrak.com/flexdining.
This service is also offered aboard the Capitol Limited and Lake Shore Limited trains. Amtrak’s traditional dining service will continue to be offered on the seven remaining overnight routes (Auto Train, California Zephyr, Coast Starlight, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle).
The new dining service is major part of an Amtrak evolution strategy for long-distance trains. In the coming months, customers can also expect:
- The ability for sleeping car customers on routes with flexible dining service to browse their menu and pre-select meals online prior to departure.
- Fully-refreshed Amfleet II cars for Coach class along the East Coast, including new seating cushions, carpets, curtains and LED reading lights—projected to be completed by the end of this year.
- Upgraded bedding, towels and linens for sleeping cars —beginning with the Auto Train.
- The debut of new Viewliner II Sleeping cars for trains on the East Coast—the first addition to the Amtrak sleeper fleet in more than 25 years.
Amtrak operates the Cardinal, City of New Orleans, Crescent, Silver Meteor and Silver Star serving major cities East of Chicago including Atlanta, Charleston, S.C., Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Memphis, Tenn., Miami, New Orleans, New York, Orlando, Fla., Savannah, Ga., and Washington, DC.
For More Information
- Amtrak Contact
- 202 906.3860
Amtrak offers a more comfortable and convenient travel experience with free Wi-Fi on most trains, plenty of leg room and no middle seat. With our state and commuter partners, we move people, the economy and the nation forward, carrying more than 30 million Amtrak customers for each of the past eight years. Amtrak operates more than 300 trains daily, connecting more than 500 destinations in 46 states, the District of Columbia and three Canadian Provinces, and reaches 400 additional destinations via connecting bus routes. Book travel, check train status, access your eTicket and more through the Amtrak app. Learn more at Amtrak.com.