May 22, 2020
6:00 p.m. ET
At this time, various states are undertaking specific safety precautions at stations for customers arriving from out of state. Check with each state for specific guidance. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has urged residents of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut to refrain from non-essential travel for 14 days.
Amtrak service continues to operate on the Northeast Corridor, providing essential services during this challenging time. While Amtrak continues to operate, we have temporarily suspended the following services due to reduced demand.
Operating on a reduced schedule:
- Adirondack (New York – Montreal): No service north of Albany
- Amtrak Hartford Line (New Haven, Conn. – Springfield, Mass.)
- Amtrak Thruway Bus routes
- Capitol Corridor (San Jose – Sacramento)
- Cascades (Eugene – Vancouver, B.C.): No service north of Seattle
- Empire Service (New York – Niagara Falls)
- Ethan Allen Express (New York – Rutland, Vermont): No service north of Albany
- Hiawatha (Chicago – Milwaukee): Replaced by Amtrak Thruway Buses, April 24-May 31.
- Illini/Saluki (Chicago – Carbondale)
- Illinois Zephyr/Carl Sandburg (Chicago – Quincy)
- Lincoln Service (Chicago – St. Louis)
- Maple Leaf (New York – Toronto): No service west of Niagara Falls, New York
- Missouri River Runner (St. Louis – Kansas City)
- Northeast Regional (Boston – New York – Washington, DC – Virginia)
- Pacific Surfliner (San Luis Obispo – San Diego)
- Piedmont (Charlotte – Raleigh)
- San Joaquins (Bakersfield – Oakland and Sacramento)
- Silver Meteor/Silver Star (New York and Miami) returning June 3
- Valley Flyer (New Haven, Conn. – Greenfield, Mass.)
- Vermonter (Washington – St. Albans): No service north of New Haven (Monday – Saturday) and no service on Sundays
- Wolverine (Chicago – Pontiac)
- Acela (Boston – Washington, DC) returning June 1
- Carolinian (Charlotte – New York)
- Downeaster (Boston – Brunswick, Maine)
- Keystone Service (Harrisburg – New York) returning June 1
- Pennsylvanian (New York – Pittsburgh) returning June 1
- Pere Marquette (Chicago – Grand Rapids)
What to Expect
Due to service reductions, some stations may not be staffed. If the station is closed, customers should proceed directly to the platform to board their train. Café service will also be suspended on select trains. Other services may be impacted as circumstances change.
Customers with reservations on trains that are being modified will be contacted and accommodated on trains with similar departure times or on another day.
Ticket Changes and/or Cancellations
Amtrak is waiving change fees for reservations made before August 31, 2020. To modify a reservation, customers can log in to their account, go to ‘Modify Trip’ on Amtrak.com, or find their reservation from their account on the home screen in the Amtrak app. A fare difference may apply to a new itinerary. If customers want to cancel their reservation with no fee, they must call 800-USA-RAIL and speak with an agent (not available via Amtrak.com or the app).
For More Information
- Amtrak Contact
- 202 906.3860
With our state and commuter partners, Amtrak moves people and the nation forward. We are committed to operating a safe, environmentally efficient and fiscally responsible business. Book essential travel, check train status, access your eTicket and more through the Amtrak app. Learn more at Amtrak.com.