Provides real-time navigation and train and station information, streamlining commuter transit
NEW YORK – Amtrak has upgraded FindYourWay, its free, real-time customer information app for exclusive use inside New York Penn Station on iOS and Android. In addition to helping passengers find gates, exits, ATMs, and restaurants throughout the station and providing wayfinding functionality in the Amtrak concourse, the app now includes several new features:
- Gate and track information directly from the Passenger Information Display System (PIDS) boards in near real-time; the first instance of Amtrak sharing PIDS gate information for a consumer facing application
- Wayfinding functionality for the Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) and NJ TRANSIT (NJT) areas of the Station
- Renamed Police, Information, Ticket Areas, Waiting Areas and Pay Phones to specify their designated concourse (i.e. Amtrak Information, LIRR Pay Phone, etc.)
- Tutorial feature to help customers learn how to use the app
- Icons for major train status display areas within the station
- Predictive suggestions with search results
“We welcome our station partners to the app, and are proud to work with them again on another aspect of Amtrak’s plan to improve the experience at New York Penn Station,” said Amtrak EVP and Chief Commercial Officer Stephen Gardner.
“Every minute counts for our riders, and the improvements Amtrak has made to the app benefit all parties in Penn Station,” said LIRR President Phillip Eng. “The upgraded app will help improve our customers’ experience, especially those making connections between the Long Island Rail Road and Amtrak, New York City Transit, and NJ TRANSIT.”
“The upgrade to the FindYourWay app is an enhancement to the customer experience in the NJ TRANSIT concourse, providing our customers easy access to important travel information and station amenities,” said NJ TRANSIT Executive Director Kevin Corbett. “NJ TRANSIT is committed to using partnerships and technology to provide the best public transit service for our customers, and being a part of the FindYourWay app helps us fulfill that commitment.”
Currently available only for New York Penn Station, Amtrak is considering offering FindYourWay in other major stations across the country. Potential future updates to the app may feature station deals, reminders, and rewards.
For More Information
- Amtrak Contact
- 202 906.3860
Amtrak offers a more comfortable and convenient travel experience with free Wi-Fi on most trains, plenty of leg room and no middle seat. With our state and commuter partners, we move people, the economy and the nation forward, carrying more than 30 million Amtrak customers for each of the past eight years. Amtrak operates more than 300 trains daily, connecting more than 500 destinations in 46 states, the District of Columbia and three Canadian Provinces, and reaches 400 additional destinations via connecting bus routes. Book travel, check train status, access your eTicket and more through the Amtrak app. Learn more at Amtrak.com.