Reservations required during Thanksgiving Week
WILMINGTON – In anticipation of the busiest travel week of the year, Amtrak is accommodating the surge of holiday travelers with increased capacity on the Keystone Service (New York – Philadelphia – Harrisburg corridor) as well as the Pennsylvanian (New York – Philadelphia – Pittsburgh). All Pennsylvanian and Keystone Service trains require reservations from Nov. 20 – Nov. 25. Reservations will not be required for monthly and ten-ride ticket holders. On Thanksgiving Day, Keystone Service trains will operate according to a Saturday schedule.
Throughout the national network, Amtrak will operate every available passenger railcar in an effort to connect customers with friends and loved ones for the holiday. Tickets sell out quickly, so customers are encouraged to plan ahead and book tickets early.
Last year during the Thanksgiving travel period, Amtrak had its largest passenger count to date with more than 777,000 riders on its trains across the country, and its busiest day in history with more than 160,000 customers on the Sunday following Thanksgiving. Amtrak expects similar passenger counts this year.
For additional information during this high season, passengers can now stay updated via social:
- Follow @Amtrak on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to connect with customer service and for the latest news including sales and updates on new offerings.
- We encourage customers to share their Amtrak experience on all social media by tagging @Amtrak and using the hashtag #Amtrak in their posts.
- On Twitter follow @AmtrakNECAlerts for real-time service information on the Northeast Corridor and follow @AmtrakAlerts for real-time service information on long distance trains.
Tips to ensure a smooth trip:
- Buy tickets early: Tickets will sell out quickly. Travelers can easily purchase tickets using com, or on the Amtrak mobile app.
- Avoid the Rush, Arrive Early: Customers are encouraged to arrive 45 minutes before departure.
- Enhanced Experience: Most trains feature free Wi-Fi, the freedom to use electronic devices (no “airplane mode”), large spacious seats, ample leg room and no middle seat.
- 2+2 = Free: Amtrak has the friendliest baggage policy in the travel industry. Customers can bring two bags and two carry-ons, up to 150 pounds for free!
- Travel with Your Furry Friend: For only $25, cats and small dogs (20 pounds or less) are welcome for trips up to seven hours on most routes.
- Check Train Schedules: Check holiday train schedules and status before arriving at the station on com, Track Your Train (on Amtrak.com), or using the Amtrak mobile app.
- Carry Photo ID: Customers are required to show travel documents and a valid photo ID.
- Safety First: If you see something, say something. Report any suspicious activity or unattended items to an Amtrak employee or member of the Amtrak Police Department at (800) 331-0008, by calling 911, or by sending a text to APD11 from a smartphone, or to 27311 from a standard cell phone.
For More Information
- Amtrak Contact
- 202 906.3860
Amtrak offers a more comfortable and convenient travel experience with free Wi-Fi on most trains, plenty of leg room and no middle seat. With our state and commuter partners, we move people, the economy and the nation forward, carrying more than 30 million Amtrak customers for each of the past seven years. Amtrak operates more than 300 trains daily, connecting more than 500 destinations in 46 states, the District of Columbia and three Canadian Provinces, and reaches 400 additional destinations via connecting bus routes. Book travel, check train status, access your eTicket and more through an Amtrak app. Learn more at Amtrak.com.