WASHINGTON – Amtrak today released its FY2016-FY2017 Sustainability Report, a comprehensive update on the company’s financial, social and environmental sustainability performance. The report highlights Amtrak’s progress, including modernizing the customer experience, reducing fuel and energy use, growing revenue through increased ridership, and improving safety and security.
“Our stakeholders are counting on us to be good stewards of the environment while also creating economic and social value for our communities,” said Richard Anderson, Amtrak President and CEO. “We also understand that keeping our customers and employees safe is integral to sustainability.”
Information and data reflect performance in fiscal years 2016 (FY2016) and 2017 (FY2017), which ran from Oct. 1, 2015, through Sept. 30, 2017. Some highlights from the report include:
– Amtrak customers offset their train travel carbon emissions equal to 7.8 million train miles and 1,400 metric tons of carbon dioxide
– Customers brought more than 99,000 bikes and more than 45,000 pets along with them since those programs launched in 2015
– Eighty-one percent of customers reported being highly satisfied with their Amtrak experience
– Exceeded diesel fuel conservation goal by more than 2.4 million gallons
– Saved an estimated 3 billion kWh of energy, through the use of the latest generation of ACS-64 locomotives recently introduced to the Amtrak fleet
– Decreased Employee Lost Time Injuries by 9 percent over FY16 performance
– Reduced highway crossing incidents by 10 percent over FY16 figures, through Amtrak’s partnership with Operation Lifesaver
– Hired U.S. veterans to fill more than 20 percent of all open positions
– Allocated 11.6 percent of annual spend with diverse suppliers
– Delivered more than 2,800 cases of drinking water to Flint, Michigan, to help local residents in the midst of their water crisis
Amtrak’s FY2016-FY2017 Sustainability Report was produced in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G4 guidelines. GRI is the recognized international standard for sustainability reporting and is used by other transportation and rail entities.
Learn more about Amtrak’s approach to sustainability and progress on key initiatives in the FY2016-FY2017 Sustainability Report. For more information about Amtrak’s approach to sustainability, please visit our website.
For More Information
- Amtrak Contact
- 202 906.3860
Amtrak offers a more comfortable and convenient travel experience with free Wi-Fi on most trains, plenty of leg room and no middle seat. With our state and commuter partners, we move people, the economy and the nation forward, carrying more than 30 million Amtrak customers for each of the past seven years. Amtrak operates more than 300 trains daily, connecting more than 500 destinations in 46 states, the District of Columbia and three Canadian Provinces, and reaches 400 additional destinations via connecting bus routes. Learn more at Amtrak.com.