Media Conference Call with Amtrak President and co-CEO
Dec. 18 2017
12:15 p.m. PT
NEW YORK – Amtrak will host a media conference call on Monday, Dec. 18 at 12:15 p.m. PT with Richard Anderson, Amtrak President and co-Chief Executive Officer to discuss the incident with Amtrak Cascades Train 501, operating from Seattle and Portland, which was derailed south of Tacoma, Washington. On the call, Anderson will give a brief overview on the incident. You may join the conference five minutes prior to its start.
WHAT: Interview opportunity with Richard Anderson, Amtrak President and co-Chief Executive Officer
WHEN: Monday, Dec. 18, 12:15 p.m. PT
WHERE: Dial-in: 1-877-369-5230 or 1-617-668-3632; Access Code: 0541745##
- There were approximately 78 passengers and five crew members on board.
- Initial reports are that some injuries are reported to passengers and crew, who were taken to local medical facilities for treatment. Local emergency responders are on the scene.
- Washington State Patrol is taking the lead on confirming fatalities and injuries.
- Service from Seattle to points north and east is continuing to operate.
- Amtrak Cascades Trains 504 and 509 are cancelled; no alternate transportation is available.
- Those with questions about their friends and family on this train should call (800) 523-9101.
For More Information
- 212 630.6933