SEATTLE – In anticipation of the busiest travel week of the year, Amtrak Cascades is encouraging customers to plan ahead and book early. Tickets sell out quickly, so customers are encouraged to make their reservations to avoid the holiday rush.
Tips to ensure a smooth trip:
- Purchasing Tickets: Travelers can purchase tickets using the refreshed com site, at Quik-TrakSM ticket kiosks, ticket windows at staffed stations (where available), Amtrak mobile apps, or 800-USA-RAIL.
- Avoid the Rush, Arrive Early: The busiest travel days are the Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday of Thanksgiving week. Morning trains typically have more availability. Customers are encouraged to arrive 45 minutes before departure, especially if picking up tickets.
- Enhanced Experience: Trains feature free Wi-Fi, the freedom to always use electronic devices (no “airplane mode”), large spacious seats, ample leg room and no middle seat.
- Baggage Policy: Amtrak has the friendliest baggage policy in the travel industry. Customers can bring two bags and two carry-ons, up to 150 pounds collectively, for free!
- Travel with Your Furry Friend: For only $25, cats and small dogs (20 pounds or less including the carrier) are welcome for trips up to seven hours.
- Check Train Schedules: Check holiday train schedules and status before arriving at the station on com, or via the WSDOT app.
- Carry Photo ID: Passengers are required to show valid photo identification when purchasing tickets and carry valid photo ID at all times aboard trains.
- Safety First: If you see something, say something. Report any suspicious activity or unattended items to an Amtrak employee or member of the Amtrak Police Department at (800) 331-0008, by calling 911, or by sending a text to APD11 from a smartphone, or to 27311 from a standard cell phone.
Amtrak Cascades operates four daily round trips between Portland and Seattle; two daily round trips between Seattle and Vancouver, British Columbia; and two daily round trips between Portland and Eugene, Oregon.
For More Information
- Amtrak Contact
- 510 238.4360
Amtrak – America’s Railroad® – is dedicated to safe and reliable mobility as the nation’s intercity passenger rail service provider and its high-speed rail operator. With our state and commuter partners, we move people, the economy and the nation forward, carrying more than 30 million Amtrak passengers for each of the past five years. Formally known as the National Railroad Passenger Corporation, Amtrak is governed by a 10-member board of directors, nine of whom are appointed by the President of the United States plus the Amtrak CEO. Anthony R. Coscia is board chairman and Jeffrey R. Moreland is vice chairman. Amtrak operates more than 300 trains daily – at speeds up to 150 mph (241 kph) – connecting more than 500 destinations in 46 states, the District of Columbia and three Canadian Provinces. Learn more at Amtrak.com or call 800-USA-RAIL for schedules, fares and other information. Check us out at blog.Amtrak.com, Like us on Facebook.com and Follow us on Twitter @Amtrak.