WASHINGTON – More than 36,000 people have attended Amtrak Train Days celebrations since the official kick-off event in Chicago in May. Events continue across the country this summer at more than a dozen locations through the end of the year. Amtrak Train Days tour and Amtrak Exhibit Train stops through 2015 include:
- Amtrak Train Days at Grand Rapids, Mich., July 25
- Amtrak Train Days at Whitefish, Mont., August 15-16
- Amtrak Train Days at the New York State Fair, August 27-30
- Amtrak Train Days at Philadelphia Amtrak Station, September 19
- Amtrak Train Days at Denver Union Station, October 3
- Amtrak Train Days at Grand Junction, Colo., October 10
- Amtrak Train Days at South Carolina Pecan Festival, November 7
These free events feature various components of the Amtrak experience at each location, a dedicated tour of the Amtrak Exhibit Train in select markets, interactive displays, family– friendly activities from Chuggington and other offerings from partners such as NOOK by Barnes and Noble and Operation Lifesaver.
Amtrak is America’s Railroad®, the nation’s intercity passenger rail service and its high-speed rail operator. Amtrak and its state and commuter partners move people, the economy and the nation forward. Formally known as the National Railroad Passenger Corporation, Amtrak is governed by a nine member board of directors appointed by the President of the United States and confirmed by the U.S. Senate. Anthony R. Coscia is board chairman and Jeffrey R. Moreland is vice chairman. In FY 2014, nearly 31 million passengers traveled on Amtrak on more than 300 daily trains – at speeds up to 150 mph (241 kph) – that connect 46 states, the District of Columbia and three Canadian Provinces. Enjoy the journey® at Amtrak.com or call 800-USA-RAIL for schedules, fares and more information. Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter (@Amtrak) and check out our blog at blog.amtrak.com.